Wednesday, September 27, 2006

No session report yet...BUT...


A momentous occasion has dawned upon me.

Behold, O shredders of the frets.

That's right. Expert difficulty.

I actually beat it twice, but the first time my fist-pump of victory pulled the guitar...which in turn pulled the cord it was attached to...which then pulled my Ps2 from where it was...long story short, it didn't save.

What is my just reward for such a sweet, sweet victory?

The Battleaxe, a machine of such musical power, that its edges are apparently stained with the blood of bad musicians.

A good thing, too. My guitar controller received a lot of punishment for my frustration during that last bout. The whammy bar is no longer attached (an executive decision on my part...), and the "Star Power" feature that allows you to kick the power in by lifting the neck of the guitar up...only works when it wants to.

With this, I managed to beat the song I couldn't progress more than 5% in a few weeks ago.

Also of note, I felt, was the breakdown of my earnings during the last song ("Bark at the Moon" by Ozzy Osbourne):

Manager's Fee: $25,999
Promotion: $$2o,ooo
Roadies: $9ooo
Security: $11,999
Lawyers: $15,ooo
Bribes: $3999
Catering: $7999
Your Cut: $5ooo

Now, these were all the expected categories. The oddity I found was in the sheer amount of money generated!

The total, after a long-staking math equation involving several factorials of pi and taking the square root of infinity and applying it in the appropriate places, and finally multiplying the whole thing by 42, was $99,995...and that includes my cut. I find it odd they didn't just add it all up to the $1oo,ooo.

Oh well. I can finally put the game down. :)

1 comment:

Chris said...

I weep for the rest of us. And bow to the true Guitar Hero.

And now I have to spend the rest of the weekend playing this fricking game, thank you very much. Can't have you the only one there.

Dude what were you eating?! Your catering budget was nearly $8000!! That's some fancy-ass chonkeys.